IAT 2024 EXAM
Leave a Comment / IAT / By Team Sciastra
Do you want to become a researcher? Do you want to become a Scientist? Do you dream of studying in India's topmost colleges? If you wish to have all of these, then look no further. IAT 2024 is the golden opportunity for all of this.
No need to read so many blogs, websites, watching many videos for this. Because this blog will answer all of your questions
This blog post will discuss all the information needed for IAT 2024: the eligibility criteria, Syllabus, exam pattern, Marking scheme, and essential tips to prepare and ace the IAT examination.
So, let's get started!
- Applicants must be Indian nationals, PIO, or OCI to apply through KVPY, JEE (Advanced), or IAT channels. Candidates, NOT Indian nationals or PIO or OCI can apply for admission only through the JEE (Advanced) channel.
- Candidates must have passed the Class XII (or equivalent) exam with science stream in 2023 or 2024 from any board recognized by the Council of Boards of School Education in India COBSE.
- Candidates must have taken at least three subjects among Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics, during their Class XII (or equivalent) exam.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in their Class XII (or equivalent) exam. Candidates from other categories should have scored at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent degree in their Class XII (or equivalent) exam.
The IAT 2024 syllabus is based on class 11 and class 12 NCERT curricula, encompassing physics, chemistry, maths, and biology.
** It is essential to note that recent changes in NCERT are not included, and candidates can refer to the previous syllabus for their preparation.
- IISER 2024 examination will be held in online mode (computer-based test).
- 3 hours will be provided to you to solve the question paper.
- Multiple choice type questions will be asked in the examination. There are total of 15 questions in each section. That sum up to 60 questions in the paper.
The marking scheme for IAT 2024 varies based on the type of questions.
- For every correct response, 4 marks will be provided.
- One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The best part is that it is not necessary to attempt all the sections. You can attempt any of the sections of your choice. Maths & Bio is not necessary.
Effective preparation is crucial for success in IAT 2024.
SCIASTRA offers the following to help you ace the exams:
- Study materials, free mock tests.
- A comprehensive course that includes study material, mock tests, live classes, doubt-clearing sessions, and previous year's papers to assist students.
- Experienced mentors carefully prepare the study material and incorporate valuable insights from renowned authors. By enrolling in SCIASTRA's course, candidates can access all the necessary resources for their preparation journey.
It is not advisable to attempt just 3 sections because 3 sections will only get you 180 marks ( that is also very hard to achieve 180/180). Top colleges like IISER PUNE and IISER KOLKATA have a cut-off of more than 160. And, IISC have a cutoff higher than 200.
For, this problem SCIASTRA comes up with a solution.
- SCIASTRA provides different batches like HOMI Batch 2025, VIKRAM Batch 2024, and VIKRAM 2.0 Batch 2024 In which all four subjects will be taught
- Extra guidance is provided to non maths or non bio students.
- Our maths students are securing 40 marks or even more in bio section.
- Our mocks are questions are getting repeated in the actual exams.
SCIASTRA launches the three exclusive batches for IAT & NEST
These batches are highly recommended to join if you want to ace the exam. It provides:
- All the 11th & 12th syllabus will be covered.
- Live Classes
- Top mentors from IISC, IITs, NISER and IISERs etc.
- Best research-level study materials
- Latest Pattern mock tests
- Previous year questions
- Weakly doubt clearing classes
- Dedicated private telegram group
- Free Crash Course at the end of IAT & NEST exam 2024.
If this was helpful to you, please read other blogs. If you have any further doubts or questions, write in the comments below. You can also message us in the SCIASTRA app whether you take any of the courses or not. With that, all the best. See you at IISER or, IISC.
More than 1000 of our students are now in the premier research institutes in India to become future scientists.
If this blog was helpful to you, please check out other blogs for more informative content.
Wishing you all the success and fulfillment in your pursuit of excellence.