How to get admission in IISc Bangalore?
There are multiple channels to get admission into IISc Bangalore –
- Just after class 12th (for Bachelors)
- For Masters (M.Sc / M.Tech)
- For Ph.D.
Just after the 12th, admission is taken through-
- Through IISER Aptitude test
- Through JEE MAINS
- Through JEE ADVANCED
- Through NEET
Note – KVPY examination for admission into IISc Bangalore is already abolished.
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in the previous year (2022) or will complete the same in the present year (2023) of giving the examination.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subjects in their qualifying examination.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 60% or equivalent grade in their 10+2 or equivalent examination. (Different for reserved categories).
Don’t have Maths but want to pursue a career in research? Don’t worry; check out these institutes.
- 10% of seats are reserved for women
- Some seats are reserved for PWD/SC/ST/Kashmiri Migrants etc.
- Generally, the application process starts from the 1st of April onwards and ends by the 31st of May every year.
- The application fee is Rs. 500 for General/OBC/EWS and Rs. 250 for SC / ST / PwD
- IISER Aptitude Test is introduced as a new mode of Entry for the Academic Year 2023-24. Candidates have to apply directly on the IISc admission portal to apply through this mode of Entry.
As per the trends, the last year cut off was –
- Around 350 ranks in JEE Mains/ JEE Advanced / NEET for General Category
- Around 17000 ranks for EWS & OBC
- Around 20000 for OBC & EWS (Female)
- Around 55000 for ST
- IISER Aptitude test is introduced as a new mode of Entry for the Academic Year 2023-24. Thus, cutoff trends are not yet released.
B.Sc. is of 4 years duration at IISc Bangalore and +1 year, if you wish to do B.Sc + M.Sc.
Note – If you are interested in a BS-MS dual degree, you should check out this institute.
- Admitted students have to take one course each in physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology, engineering and humanities till 3rd Semester.
- 4th Semester onwards, students have to select a subject in which they want to do their major/specialisation
- Students can also opt for a subject for a minor degree in various subjects available.
- In the 7th & 8th Semesters, students will be working on projects with a dedicated professor/mentor at the campus.
- The same project work will continue if a student chooses to add one more year for B.Sc + M.Sc.
- The tuition fee is Rs. 10,000 annually
- Gymkhana Fee – Rs. 1200 annually
- Other Academic fees – Rs. 3700 annually
- Student Emergency Fund – Rs. 300 annually
- Library Deposit & Statutory Deposit (both refundable) – Rs. 7500 each (to be paid in the first year only)
- So, the total annual fee comes to nearly Rs. 15,000 – 20,000 for each student.
- IISc Bangalore provides a 5000 per month scholarship to all eligible candidates.
- There is also an option for internships and stipends during summer vacations.
- All the scholarships are funded by the various investors of IISc Bangalore.
Recently, B.Tech programs have also been launched at IISc Bangalore.
- The course is – BTech in Mathematics & Computing
- Selection is only through JEE ADVANCED and there are only 52 seats for the same.
- Eligibility Criteria: is that students should have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, a language, and any subject other than the mentioned four.
To know more about this course, check out this blog today!
About us – At SciAstra, we guide students who want to become scientists and pursue research by helping them secure admissions in the top colleges for the same like IISER, NISER, CEBS, ICAR, CMI, etc.
Our mentors are from the top research institutes like IISER, NISER, IACS, CMI, ISI, IISC Bangalore, and so on. If you are looking to prepare for IAT / NEST 2023, you can check out our courses and get access to live classes, recorded lectures, study material, mock tests, doubt-clearing classes, and much more!