Are you an ambitious student with dreams of making it big in the world of science and research? Do you aspire to secure a seat in esteemed institutions like NISER or CEBS? If so, the National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2024 is your golden ticket to success! Brace yourself for an exhilarating journey through this comprehensive guide, where we unravel the secrets to cracking NEST 2024 – a gateway that opens doors to your dream institute!
No need to search further because all the answers lie right here for you!
This blog post will discuss all the information needed for NEST 2024: the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and essential tips to prepare and ace the NEST examination with flying colors.
Let’s get started!
To be eligible for NEST 2024, candidates must fulfill specific criteria.
- The date of birth should be on or after August 1, 2004, except for SC, ST, or PwD candidates, who have a relaxation of five years. This means they must be born on or after August 1, 1999.
- Students appearing for their 12th board exams in 2024, including first and second droppers, are eligible.
- The minimum percentage required in the class 12 board exams is 55% for SC, ST, or PWD candidates and 60% for all other categories.
NEST 2024 follows a Computer-Based Test (CBT) mode, with two shifts – Shift 1 from 9 am to 12:30 pm and Shift 2 from 2:30 pm to 6 pm. Candidates need to attempt only one of the shifts. The exam consists of four subjects – physics, chemistry, maths, and biology – each having 17 questions with a total of 50 marks. The entire paper is 200 marks, but only the best three sections out of the four will be considered for the merit list.
The Good news is that Math + Bio is not compulsory for CEBS as well as for NISER
The marking scheme for NEST 2024 varies based on the type of questions.
- The first 12 questions in each subject carry 2.5 marks for the correct option and a -1 mark for an incorrect choice.
- The remaining five questions, which are of multiple option correct format, have no negative marking. Candidates will receive +4 marks only if they select all the correct options; otherwise, will get zero marks.
The NEST 2024 syllabus is based on the class 11 and class 12 NCERT curricula, encompassing physics, chemistry, maths, and biology.
** It is essential to note that recent changes in NCERT are not included, and candidates can refer to the previous syllabus for their preparation.
Section-wise Cutoff Marks:
NEST 2024 has two types of cutoff marks –
- Section-wise cutoff marks (SMAS): SMAS varies for different categories and subjects. For example, in 2023, the cutoff for bio in the general category was 5.6, chemistry was 5.2, maths was 4.9, and physics was 4.8. And,
- overall cutoff marks (MAP): MAP ranges from 60 to 90 percentile for different categories.
Effective preparation is crucial for success in NEST 2024.
SCIASTRA offers the following to help you ace the exams:
- A comprehensive course that includes study material, mock tests, live classes, doubt-clearing sessions, and previous year’s papers to assist students.
- Experienced mentors carefully prepare the study material and incorporate valuable insights from renowned authors. By enrolling in SCIASTRA‘s course, candidates can access all the necessary resources for their preparation journey.
These batches are highly recommended to join if you want to ace the exam. It provides
- All the 11th & 12th syllabus will be covered.
- Live Classes
- Top mentors from IISC, IITs, NISER and IISERs etc.
- Best research-level study materials
- Latest Pattern mock tests
- Previous year questions
- Weakly doubt clearing classes
- Dedicated private telegram group
- Free Crash Course at the end of IAT & NEST exam 2024.
If this was helpful to you, please read other blogs. If you have any further doubts or questions, write in the comments below. You can also message us in the SCIASTRA app whether you take any of the courses or not. With that, all the best. See you at NISER or, CEBS.
More than 1000 of our students are now in the premier research institutes in India to become future scientists.
If this blog was helpful to you, please check out other blogs for more informative content.
Wishing you all the success and fulfillment in your pursuit of excellence. Dream big, shine bright, and let NEST 2024 be the catalyst that ignites the brilliance within you!